CALL FOR INTERNS
IDEAS xLab is looking for interns for Summer 2016 and Fall/Winter 2016. The intern will assist the IDEAS xLab team with general duties, events, and programming.
COMMITMENT: 10 hours per week -- flexible schedule.
• Strong interest in health equity, social practice, and artists as agents of change.
• Experience working with community members on projects and initiatives.
• BA/BFA or degree in a related field.
• General knowledge of art and/or art history.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Excellent office and communication skills.
• Strong computer skills (high proficiency in Microsoft Office. Proficiency in Photoshop is a plus).
• Ability to work diligently and independently.
• General production and event research including community engagement.
• Assisting with planning/set up of IDEAS xLab events and meetings.
• Light office upkeep, social media management, and documentation.
• Other duties as assigned.
BENEFITS: Working directly with the IDEAS xLab team, the intern will gain direct experience working with artists and innovators in the community. The intern will be directly involved with special projects, and will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience assisting with programming geared toward promoting and implementing social and health equity within the city of Louisville.
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume to Jessica@ideasxlab.com. Within your cover letter please include a response detailing any community involvement you have, and why you are interested in working with artist innovators alongside communities in Louisville.
DEADLINES: Summer--April 30, 2016 Fall/Winter July 31, 2016
This is an unpaid position.